Follow our super affordable top 10 tips, for beautiful summer skin and hair the natural way.”
- Reawaken skin with exfoliation to clear dead cells and allow nutrients in. Use a gentle exfoliator, or for the face try a cleanser like the Skin Blossom Organic Bloom milk with a muslin cloth – just remove the milk using a luke warm cloth and gentle circular movements. Try dry brushing the body with long sweeps towards the heart.
- Cleanse the intestines and nourish blood vessels by eating foods with insoluble fibre - found in Wholegrain, Broccoli and Pears.
- Transform your face with a professional eye brow shape, when brows are properly positioned eyes appear more open and rounder.
- Save pounds with a DIY manicure and pedicure. Simply trim and file the nails, soak for five minutes in a bowl of warm water with 2 tablespoons of organic Jojoba Oil, follow with a massage to stimulate and condition hard working hands and feet.
- Moisturise everywhere to combat the drying effects winter has on skin. A good moisturiser gives skin hydration, nutrients and protection - while letting skin breathe. The Skin Blossom Organic Bloom Nourising Face Moisturiser is perfect.
- Soothe irritated skin with Jojoba Oil. It has skin loving properties to calm and condition sore skin - from Eczema patches to shaving bumps.
- Protect hair from the effects of summer (like sun, sea and Chlorine) using organic Olive Oil as a deep conditioning treatment. Simply warm 2 teaspoons of oil and massage into your hair and scalp, then wrap in a warm towel for 30 minutes while you bath. Wash out with a gentle shampoo like Skin Blossom's with soothing Palmarosa and conditioning Rosemary.
- Tone up with enjoyable exercise like walking, cycling and yoga. Exercise and fresh air is great for us, and our skin.
- Drink plenty of water and herbal tea, to detox and hydrate from the inside.
- Don’t forget lips as rough cracked ones are ageing. Organic Shea Butter is all you need to keep them soft and smooth.
The Skin Blossom Range
Gentle Cleansing Milk (£5.05 150ml)
This nutrient rich milk gently cleans skin and removes make-up to leave it soft and comforted. The natural antioxidant blend of vitamins A, B, C and D along with the minerals found in this cleanser nurture and revitalize. Glycerin helps purify without stripping the skin's natural barrier and hydrating Aloe Vera works with Sweet Almond oil to moisturise and reduce inflammation. Made with 88% organic ingredients and delicately fragranced with essential oils. Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
Nourishing Face Moisturiser (£6.95 50ml)
An anti-oxidant moisturiser that hydrates and nourishes skin. Its rich light texture glides on skin beautifully without dragging. Packed with Jojoba oil to assist with skin rejuvenation and prevent dehydration - so skin stays moisturised throughout the day or night. Jojoba oil combines with Shea Butter and Vitamin E to deliver minerals and anti-oxidant vitamins A, B, C, D, E and F to condition and protect. Made with 88% organic ingredients and delicately fragranced with essential oils. Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
Care and Protect Hand Cream (£5.35 60ml)
A light easily-absorbed cream that leaves hands beautifully moisturised, protected and cared for. The special blend of plant oils fight dryness and work with restoring Shea butter to leave hands in tip-top condition. Made with 92% organic ingredients and fragranced with balancing and uplifting Rose Geranium. Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
Cleanse and Nourish Body Wash (£4.75 200ml)
This sumptuous wash creates a fine lather to gently cleanse skin without stripping nutrients. Suitable for use in the bath or shower it contains nourishing Vitamin E and hydrating Aloe Vera which combine with plant cleansers to make bath and shower time a skin-loving experience. Made with 74% organic ingredients and fragranced with soothing Sweet Orange. Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
Moisturising Body Lotion (£5.75 200ml)
A caring, non-greasy lotion that leaves the skin soft and supple. A little goes a long way in giving skin the moisture it needs without clogging pores, so skin can function and breathe. The ingredients are packed with plant oils which deliver masses of key nutrients to moisturise, soften and protect. Made with 93% organic ingredients and fragranced with soothing Sweet Orange. Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
Complete Care Shampoo (£4.75 200ml)
Complete Care Shampoo has mild cleansers that deliver a lovely lather to cleanse and condition without stripping. The special blend of essential oils offers an array of benefits that are a delight for the hair and your senses. Rosemary stimulates and conditions even dry hair and flaky scalps, while Bergamot gives protection by strengthening the hair shaft. Palmarosa moisturises and the Citrus mix removes build-up, giving shine. Hair is cleft clean, healthy, soft and full of life. Made with 73% organic ingredients and suitable for all hair types.
Complete Care Conditioner (£4.75 200ml)
Complete Care Conditioner has a special formulation with Pracaxi seed oil, native to the Amazon rain rainforest, so it’s no wonder that these rich nutrients feed hair for superb shine and softness. Mix this withconditioning Rosemary, protecting Bergamot, moisturising Palmarosa and Citrus for shine. Hair is left soft, manageable, conditioned and radiant. Made with 85% organic ingredients and suitable for all hair types.
About Skin Blossom
Creator Cristina Beetham has always been very ethically and environmentally aware and has a BSC in Wildlife Conservation. Cristina started the company in 2007 and began trading in 2008, concerned about the effects of using products containing chemical ingredients found in conventional skincare, she realised there was a short supply of affordable organic skincare on the market. Her interest sparked, she embarked on creating her own skin care products in 2006. Armed with determination, and lots of research, she began formulating her own products. After talking to retailers it was clear there was a big demand for her range so she took her formulations to an organic skincare manufacturing company to help produce the range and meet consumer mass market demands. Cristina’s knowledge and experience of making products herself is invaluable to the brand. Skin Blossom is an ethical company and donates to charities.
Skin Blossom Organic Bloom
The first range from Skin Blossom is Organic Bloom; an organic skin care range that is certified by The Soil Association. All the products in the range have met the strictest standards for organic purity and integrity. The Soil Association requires the maximum amount of organic ingredients, minimum synthetic ingredients and the minimum processing of ingredients. Their standards also contain criteria that means ingredients must be assessed to not be harmful to human health and their manufacture and use must cause minimum environmental impact.
Organic Bloom is also registered with the Vegan Society meaning that they contain no animal ingredients and no animals are involved in the production of the products.
The Organic Bloom range by Skin Blossom has been specially created to contain organic and skin-friendly ingredients at an affordable price. Nature’s own plant extracts and oils form the base of the product range. Each product has been carefully formulated to deliver key nutrients and protection to skin and effectively perform the job at hand. Organic Bloom products are suitable for all skin types as the products use organic plant oils, extracts and ingredients that are neither too dry nor oily, so all skin types will benefit. The gentle formulations are kind to even sensitive skin.
Skin Blossom is available from health and beauty stores nationwide including:
Planet Organic, Wholefoods Market and www.ocado.com
General stockists 05600 533 049 www.skinblossom.co.uk