Hope you all had a great weekend!!! Mine was a bit tiring but anyways...hope you all enjoyed!!
So now thought of beginning this week with a review +eye makeup Tutorial. Check out this post:
Recently I got a chance to try out some eye shadows from The Body needs Mineral cosmetics so today decided to share it with you all.
These are the shades that I have at present (from L-R):
- Blackened Emerald
- Metallic Merlot
- Blackened Turquoise
- Cherry Love
- Blackened Violet
As the name suggests it a dark blackish green shade with shimmers.
A mixture of black with violet with slight purple sparkles.
As the name says it's a dark blackish sea green shade which sometimes looks more of green but different than the first one. Contains turquoise shimmers.
A bright burgundy shade, shimmery in nature. It'll look gorgeous on the eyes & on the lips as well!!
A bright fuchsia shade which will also look great on the lips...contains bright shimmers which look slightly golden. It's really beautiful!! A great dupe of Mac Fuchsia.
The swatches (in sunlight):
What TBN mineral eye shadows claim:
- TheBodyNeeds mineral make-up is made from mineral pigments & other natural ingredients. These minerals give long lasting coverage while allowing your skin to breathe. Our mineral make-up contains all natural aluminum free titanium dioxide & zinc oxide.
- Our mineral make-up is talc, fragrance, dye, & cruelty free. Our mineral make-up is suitable for all skin types, has been tested & approved by a board of licensed Estheticians & was formulated by a team of Cosmetic Formulators, Chemists & Licensed Estheticians.
- Because mineral powders are inorganic & contain no moisture, bacteria does not grow so therefore no preservatives are needed. Our eye shadows are hypoallergenic.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxide
How to use:
- Our eye shadows can be used on the eyes as well as the lips & face, our blushes & shimmers can be used on the eyes & body, our foundations can be used on the lips, and so on. Any precautions (if applicable) will be noted.
- Mineral make-up products should be used sparingly, they are extremely intense and only require the use of a small amount of product. Start the application process using the residue from the jar lid and it will be plenty. Change the color intensity by applying our eye shadow on dry skin, primed skin or mix it with our mixing medium for intense color!
All the shades are highly pigmented & will great if worn in evening parties. Cherry Love can also be worn in day functions.
Honestly speaking, I did encounter the problem of quite a lot of fall out in the shadows. So you'll have to be careful that use the right amount of shade & don't apply a foundation before the eye makeup.
They are mineral shadows which don't cause any harm to the skin.
Loved their Blackened range where you can get a variety of black shades with different shades of shimmers.
Shades available for both day & night functions.
Light shimmers make them look adorable on the eyes.
Although on swatching them for the first time you may feel that the shades have very intense shimmers but after a while the shimmers begin to vanish. This may be considered a bad point by some & may even prove to be a good one for others who don't like deep shimmers in their shadows.
Fall out problem is present.
Finally i would say that I really liked these shadows & I would recommend these to others as well....so you should surely try them out but keeping the good & bad points in mind.
So girls hope you liked my review & shades too. But the post is not over as yet coz I've done an EOTD tutorial using two shades from TBN- Blackened Emerald & Blackened Violet. Take a look & hope you enjoy :D
At first prime your eyes with any good primer. I haven't use primer here. Only applied a light foundation.
Now apply green shade on your lids just below your crease. I have used The Body Needs BLACKENED EMERALD shade here.
Then apply a blackish violet shade from inner corner of your eyes to the outer corner making a V shape up to the corner and make a thin line in the half of your lower lash line. you have to cover up from your crease to just below the brow bone of your eyes. I have applied The Body Needs BLACKENED VIOLET shade here. (Ignore the fallout, you can remove it before the final finishing)
Now blend both the shades well with your blending brush and make a thin line in the other half of your lower lash line mixing the violet shade till the inner corner of your lower lash line with the green shade. Blend it well with the violet shade. Now you can remove all the fall out marks now and apply your foundation of your choice.
Take a light golden shade for highlighting your brow bone, apply and blend it well. I have used a light golden shade from my Manly palette.
Now apply a thin black line with your black eyeliner and give it a winged shape. I have applied my Revlon Colorstay Black Beauty eyeliner here.
Now take the violet shade with a thin angled eye brush and apply it in your water line. Finally Use your mascara for your lashes or use falsies. I have taken my Ardell Lashes here.
And now; finally, YOU ARE DONE!!!
This was my first eye makeup tutorial so i know it wasn't that good but I hope you guys enjoyed & liked the makeup!! Will be coming up with some more tutes very soon...Have a great week ahead!!
Check out The Body Needs- HERE
Become a fan of TBN on Facebook- HERE