Best Cream Eyeshadows
If you’re used to wearing powder eyeshadows, cream shadows will give you a completely different look. Creams are great for giving you a bolder, brighter look and, compared to powder, their staying power is incredible. If you’re a student makeup artist, cream shadows are a great product to have in your arsenal.
While a lot of drugstore brands have introduced cream shadows over the years, many, like Maybelline, have discontinued their lines. If you’re ready to try cream shadows for the first time, here are some recommendations for newbies. let’s a take a look at department store favorites and, if you’re on a budget, there’s some drugstore recommendations that you can’t go wrong with as well:
Department Store Options
- Nars Cream Eyeshadow – Available in 18 shades, they are creamy and blendable. The only drawback is that they tend to crease unless you use a shadow primer.
- Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow/Liner – Although they tend to score lower than the Nars shadows overall, unlike Nars, they won’t crease. They’re available in 12 shades.
- Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Colour – Available in five neutral colors, users love this shadow for the fact that it doesn’t irritate the eye.
- Clinique Touch Base for Eyes – Available in six shades, these shadows score high marks from users for their staying power and the fact that they don’t crease.
- Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow – Available in 12 compacts of four shades, these shadows have been around for a long time and are an incredible bargain.
- NYX Cream Shadow – Available in 20 shades, this ultra pigmented shadow will give you an intense look.
- L’Oreal HIP Cream Shadow Paints – As a member of the HIP line, these shadows also give you a highly pigmented and bold look.
More lines are coming out with cream shadows, with most of the best products coming from department store lines. You can check makeup blogs to see if your favorite line has a cream that could become your personal favorite!!